[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Cisco PRI gateway config

Pavel Jezek pavel.jezek at i.cz
Mon Feb 26 10:50:29 MST 2007

Olivier wrote:

> That was exactly what I meant.
> Your setup is :
>
> Nortel ----------- Cisco ----------- Asterisk
>
> What I was thinking about is:
> Nortel ----------- Asterisk1 ----------Asterisk2
>
> In previous case, your are using Cisco's QSIG features.
> In the latter one, you could use Asterisk QSIG features.
>
> I was asking because, I was wondering how Cisco and Asterisk QSIG
> features
> compare.

I posted some questions about Q.SIG support in asterisk in the past here,
actually I need caller id name transfer between siemens hipath pbx and
sip phone connected to asterisk,
I got some answers to my questions, even from one man from digium, says,
that is _should_ work,
but another here in formum post answers, that he can see caller id name
from QSIG in asterisk, but in hex form, that asterisk can't decode,
so, I think, that QSIG support in asterisk is currently not complete,
especially not usefull for things like decoding caller id name from
QSIG  :'(
PJ