AW: [asterisk-users] ReceiveText()?

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 25 23:26:53 MST 2007

>From: Philipp Kempgen <philipp.kempgen at amooma.de>
>Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 06:59:46 +0100
>
>Yuan LIU wrote:
> >> From: Michael Welter <mike at telecommatters.net>
> >> Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 08:53:09 -0700
> >>
> >> What is the mechanism used to SEND TEXT over a Zap channel?  Is it FSK?
> >
> > "show AGI send text" indicates that it does so in channels that supports
> > text.  "show agi receive text" indicates that most channels do not
>support
> > text.  I take it that Zap channel doesn't.
>
>This is the CLI help text:
>---cut---
>   -= Info about application 'SendText' =-
>
>[Synopsis]
>Send a Text Message
>
>[Description]
>   SendText(text[|options]): Sends text to current channel (callee).
>Result of transmission will be stored in the SENDTEXTSTATUS
>channel variable:
>       SUCCESS      Transmission succeeded
>       FAILURE      Transmission failed
>       UNSUPPORTED  Text transmission not supported by channel
>
>At this moment, text is supposed to be 7 bit ASCII in most channels.
>The option string many contain the following character:
>'j' -- jump to n+101 priority if the channel doesn't support
>        text transport
>---cut---
>
>So you might just try and see what SENDTEXTSTATUS you get.
>
>Regards,
>   Philipp

Mmm.  In 1.2.x and 1.4.0,

CLI> show agi send text
Usage: SEND TEXT "<text to send>"
        Sends the given text on a channel. Most channels do not support the
transmission of text.  Returns 0 if text is sent, or if the channel does not
support text transmission.  Returns -1 only on error/hangup.  Text
consisting of greater than one word should be placed in quotes since the
command only accepts a single argument.
----

Guess the morale is: always check in your own version. (I wasted numerous
hours trying to get =~ to work in 1.2.13:-(

Yuan Liu