AW: [asterisk-users] ReceiveText()?

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Sun Feb 25 22:59:46 MST 2007

Yuan LIU wrote:
>> From: Michael Welter <mike at telecommatters.net>
>> Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 08:53:09 -0700
>>
>> What is the mechanism used to SEND TEXT over a Zap channel?  Is it FSK?
>
> "show AGI send text" indicates that it does so in channels that supports
> text.  "show agi receive text" indicates that most channels do not support
> text.  I take it that Zap channel doesn't.

This is the CLI help text:
---cut---
  -= Info about application 'SendText' =-

[Synopsis]
Send a Text Message

[Description]
  SendText(text[|options]): Sends text to current channel (callee).
Result of transmission will be stored in the SENDTEXTSTATUS
channel variable:
      SUCCESS      Transmission succeeded
      FAILURE      Transmission failed
      UNSUPPORTED  Text transmission not supported by channel

At this moment, text is supposed to be 7 bit ASCII in most channels.
The option string many contain the following character:
'j' -- jump to n+101 priority if the channel doesn't support
       text transport
---cut---

So you might just try and see what SENDTEXTSTATUS you get.

Regards,
  Philipp

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
     Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998