[asterisk-users] How does Asterisk use SIP info command

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Feb 24 02:49:04 MST 2007

23 feb 2007 kl. 19.55 skrev Philipp Kempgen:

> Olle E Johansson wrote:
>> 22 feb 2007 kl. 23.40 skrev Philipp Kempgen:

>>> Thanks for you reply. That's basically what you have said more
>>> than once on the bug tracker. :)
>> Thanks. Then I know that at least one person has read and
>> understood :-)
>> (Sorry, but sometimes it feels like being alone out there on the
>> tracker...)
>
> :)
>
>>> On the other hand people are waiting for quick solutions to
>>> blinking Snom lights and AOC without really caring for the
>>> whole picture.
>>>
>> We do have a lot of support for blinking lamps - for devices,
>> conferences, parking lots and now in trunk for anything.
>
> People refrain from using the trunk in a production environment.
> And as I can remember even the trunk does not address the
> Snom pickup problem. That's on of the things bristuff is popular
> for.
...and they should NOT use trunk in production. I was just giving
some hints on where we are going :-) Marketing, you know.

The call pickup problem is something I've been working on, but it
hasn't been prioritized by any customer, so I haven't been able to
focus on it for much time.

>> AOC is a very european thing and I keep shouting about it when
>> I'm in Huntsville, so they're aware of the problem.
>
> Great. :)
> For a european company it's like this: We have AOC now, can we
> have that with Asterisk? No. (Or at least not very easily, eg.
> without a patch) But you probably know that.

Make sure Digium sales are aware of the need of AOC support
in Europe.

>> There are a few patches for AOC support in the bug tracker, please
>> review them. I know SNOM has some proprietary extensions
>> for AOC, but what's the state on other devices?
>
> Snom has this page in their Wiki:
> http://www.snom.com/wiki/index.php/Advice_of_charge_(AOC)_in_SIP
> But they don't really say whether they actually use this in their
> phones or if it's more like a working draft.
>
> Apart from
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-garcia-sipping-etsi-ngn-p-
> headers-00#section-4.1
> is there any other "standard" that I should be aware of?
I have no idea. THanks for the pointer.

Anyone that knows about the state of AOC in non-SNOM SIP phones?
Other implementations of AOC in SIP? What about SIP/IMS ?

/O