[asterisk-users] How to separate outgoing extens from the contexts from sip.conf?

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 21 14:07:35 MST 2007

I have a sip.conf with stanzas for sip phones that have
'context=sip-incoming for some Grandstream phones and another stanza for
a Sipura SPA3000 with context=pstn-incoming.

Reviewing the code today, I was dismayed to see that all my outgoing
extens were mixed into those two.  I have been told this is very insecure.

How can I separate the outgoing extens?

When I create a context [outgoing] in extensions.conf with various
extens, they never get activated.  How to I get them to dial etc?

Larry
--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux