[asterisk-users] CWI, call-limit and incominglimit

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 04:42:43 MST 2007

Hi,

In older versions of asterisk I used to be able to use
"incominglimit=1" to effectively disable call waiting on a specific
SIP channel (Where broken phones do not allow this on the handset
itself)

In 1.2.x this became "call-limit=1", but this prevents the phone from
opening a 2nd line in order to transfer a call using attended
transfer. The WiKi suggests using SetGroup() etc, but this does not
cater for the case where you are Dialling several different phones
simultaneously.

I _could_ dial a whole bunch of Local channels, each of which checked
for an extension usage count, but the additional load and complexity
in the dialplan seems a bit over-the-top to me, especially when there
used to be a one-line solution to this.

I also considered separate user and peer sections in sip.conf, but the
hosts are dynamic, and there is no way to link the IP address of the
peer to the user.

My "best" thought so far is a Macro to check each SIP entry that has
CWI disabled, using SetGroup(), and removing it from the dial string
if it is in use...

Any better suggestions out there?
Thanks,
Steve