[asterisk-users] Asterisk and DTMF

Carlos Barros barros001 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 03:39:56 MST 2007

Hi list!
I have an Asterisk server (1.2.14) connected to a E1 line via a TE410P, and
some
PAP2NA connected to it. The PAP2 DTMF configurations is set to INFO and
Asterisk
to INFO too. At first, is INFO method different from RFC2833??
Well, I have two problems. The first is that when I place a call to outside,
via
E1 trunk, sometimes I get some DTMF tones and I'm sure nobody hit any key.
Seems like Asterisk is misinterpreting some voice frequencies as DTMF tones
and is regenerating it. I think it is related to the INFO method, as
Asterisk and/or
PAP2 have to send it outband and the other side will generate the TONE.
Is that right? Anyone experienced something  like this, and have resolved
it??

Ok, the second problem is that some DTMF tones I send from my phone
(Connected to the PAP2) are not being interpreted by the other side of the
call (generally bank systems). I had problems with it when I used inBand
with G723, but now I use INFO method and still have the problem.
Is my configuration right??

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) LPC Interface
Brid[general]
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=yes
context=default
dtmfmode=info   ; Do this method exists in asterisk???

Thanks!

Carlos Barros