[asterisk-users] What means: Request to schedule in the past?!?!

James FitzGibbon james.fitzgibbon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 14:31:12 MST 2007

On 2/22/07, Derek Whitten <derek at kfuq.net> wrote:

> >> My asterisk is show me some errors on line registration.
> >> This message appear on console: Request to schedule in the past?!?!
> >

> check the date on the machine?

Also check if you are running a NTP client, either ntpd or a periodic call
to ntpdate from cron.  It's not uncommong of for system clocks to drift over
time, and a run of ntpdate can cause your clock to jump a considerable
distance, causing * (and other programs) to get confused.

Running ntpd should mitigate this as it tries to move the clock in a series
of small steps instead of one big kick, but many OSs use ntpd startup
scripts that first call ntpdate, so a 'service ntpd restart' or the
equivalent for your OS could also cause this.

--
j.