[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Cisco PRI gateway config

Yehavi Bourvine +972-8-9489444 YEHAVI at VMS.HUJI.AC.IL
Thu Feb 22 05:58:00 MST 2007

Hello,

  I am using a Cisco-2,811 router with PRI as a gateway between Asterisk and
Nortel TX-1. I had problems with name transfer and with the help of Cisco
support I've fixed it. Enclosed here are the definitions needed for it.

BTW, Cisco's CCM is using MGCP thus the Q.sig is handled by CCM. Here I am using
SIP so the router must decode/encode the Q.sig.

  The Nortel should be defined to send and receive names via Q.sig. The
definition fragments on Cisco are:

isdn switch-type primary-qsig  (so it will use Q.sig signalling).

voice service voip
 qsig decode    (This sends names out via Q.sig)
 fax protocol pass-through g711alaw
 sip

controller E1 0/0/0
 pri-group timeslots 1-31

interface Serial0/0/0:15  (This is for E1 PRI).
 no ip address
 encapsulation hdlc
 isdn switch-type primary-qsig
 isdn overlap-receiving
 isdn not-end-to-end 64
 isdn incoming-voice voice
 isdn supp-service name calling  (This receives names via Q.sig)
 isdn negotiate-bchan
 isdn outgoing ie facility
 isdn outgoing ie caller-number
 isdn outgoing ie called-number