[asterisk-users] Re: FW: zaptel 1.4.0 on Fedora Core 6 x86_64

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Feb 22 00:29:47 MST 2007

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 07:47:18AM +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 12:52:22AM +0100, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> > >If you want to save these hassles, why not use the packages bits that
> > >are available for FC5/FC6/RHEL4/RHEL3 i386/x86_64/ppc? There are even
> > >packages for the upcoming F7 and RHEL5 available:
> >
> > Hi Axel,
> >
> > I tried to use the 1.2.x RPMs and they would not work for me
> > attempting to use them with an Eicon Diva Server card and Melware's
> > chan_capi. Only by looking at the SRPM did I notice that they are
> > patched with BRIStuff patches, which I have assume causes
> > incompatibilities. Compiling Asterisk and Zaptel from sources again
> > solved all my problems. It may be helpful to spell out more clearly
> > how severaly patched the Asterisk in those RPMs is.
>
> bristuff is the only patch in functionality, and for 1.2.15 I need to
> drop it again, because it does not apply

Gee, it shows you're not on the bristuff list. Up-to-date bristuff
patch for Asterisk:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-voip/asterisk/trunk/debian/patches/bristuff.dpatch?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

BTW: the one for Zaptel:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-voip/zaptel/trunk/debian/patches/bristuff.dpatch?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

> and there is no upstream equivalent (why isn't bristuff merged in?).

Ask Kapejod.

> But I don't think bristuff should have done you any harm.

bristuff has many changes to the ISDN stack. Some may disapprove of
them. It is considered as better in many accounts.

The chan_capi included in bristuff is probably not as good as
chan_capi-cm from sourceforge. In Debian we simply delete all the capi
modules from the bristuff version.

There are also a number of nice small applications, and a bunch of fixes
(e.g: related to snom phones).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org