[asterisk-users] Re: FW: zaptel 1.4.0 on Fedora Core 6 x86_64

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Feb 21 23:47:18 MST 2007

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 12:52:22AM +0100, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On 21 Feb 2007, at 23:06, Axel Thimm wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 06:01:35AM -0500, Carlos Alperin wrote:
> >>I tried to test Asterisk 1.4 on FC6 x86_64. I have it working on
> >>FC5 x86_64
> >>very good, but since FC keeps updating, I tried to follow newer
> >>kernel
> >>versions.
> >
> >If you want to save these hassles, why not use the packages bits that
> >are available for FC5/FC6/RHEL4/RHEL3 i386/x86_64/ppc? There are even
> >packages for the upcoming F7 and RHEL5 available:
>
> Hi Axel,
>
> I tried to use the 1.2.x RPMs and they would not work for me
> attempting to use them with an Eicon Diva Server card and Melware's
> chan_capi. Only by looking at the SRPM did I notice that they are
> patched with BRIStuff patches, which I have assume causes
> incompatibilities. Compiling Asterisk and Zaptel from sources again
> solved all my problems. It may be helpful to spell out more clearly
> how severaly patched the Asterisk in those RPMs is.

bristuff is the only patch in functionality, and for 1.2.15 I need to
drop it again, because it does not apply and there is no upstream
equivalent (why isn't bristuff merged in?). But I don't think bristuff
should have done you any harm.

But anything that should be tunable is in the sense that if you really
think asterisk should be build w/o bristuff you get the src.rpm and do

rpmbuild --rebuild --without bristuff asterisk-xyz.src.rpm

It would be worth while to try to stick to the packages either simply
using them, or building from them, or modify them, as if there
are any issues they can be ironed out, which then benefits more users.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net