[asterisk-users] Re: FW: zaptel 1.4.0 on Fedora Core 6 x86_64

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Feb 21 23:34:48 MST 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 08:35:12PM -0500, Carlos Alperin wrote:
> Axel,
>
> Thanks for your advice, but as I tried to found the real problem overpass
> the search is just like close my eyes.
>
> I'm trying to learn in order to not repeat same mistake twice. I don't know
> how the rpm's are build, and I don't think that
> You can apply on every kind of variation you can find. Also, there are
> additional functions I going to add, that are directly related
> To the full system, so I cannot drive this on blind packages.

Learn to (re)build packages. I consider packages as reproducable builds.
Even more so when you have more than one system.

> Thanks a lot, but I'm going to search for the solution and find what mistake
> I made.

I'm not sure what it is, but several distributions (Debian for quite a
while, Fedora in recent versions) have handy tools for building kernel
module packages. The packages that are used in trixbox (I forgot the
origin) don't use those tools, but the packages from at-rpms seem to use
them.

Your problem may be missing proper build reuirements.

That said, I'm still waiting for a Fedora guru to look into that thread.

(As for other distributions: SuSE has had kernel modules packages for
even longer than Debian, but I'm not sure about the tools for building
them with multiple kernels and such. Mandriva seems to be leaning
towards dkms recently. Ubuntu uses Debian's tools, and with anything
related to Asterisk: repackages Debian's packages. I don't know about
gentoo)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org