[asterisk-users] Open CallerID Database?

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Tue Feb 20 12:34:46 MST 2007

> TP'n to follow flow
>
> just like DNS, the 'root servers' would still see the high request hits,
> prior to passing off to local caching app.
>
> and *someone* must have this expense/headache to maintain them.

No, the root servers wouldn't.  Please take a few moments to learn how
the domain name system works prior to spreading fear, uncertainty, and
doubt.

Any decent DNS server is extremely good at caching lookup responses, and
as such, once it looks up the NS records for a domain, the roots and
parents will not see a significant increase in requests.

... JG