[asterisk-users] FW: zaptel 1.4.0 on Fedora Core 6 x86_64

Patrick asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 20 06:55:55 MST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 06:01 -0500, Carlos Alperin wrote:
> I tried to test Asterisk 1.4 on FC6 x86_64. I have it working on FC5
> x86_64 very good, but since FC keeps updating, I tried to follow newer
> kernel versions.

I build an RPM on i386 Fedora 7 Test 1 updated to Rawhide and it seems
to work ok too.

> I can't pass the zaptel compilation. Everything is OK, but when I
> finished, and tried to load it, allways got module not found when I
> run modprobe zaptel, and modprobe ztdummy.

If the modules aren't there how can you say everything is ok? :) Clearly
something must be going wrong.

> I already tried to modify is with the sed 1 option but doesn't work.

What did you modify with sed?

> I'm running make linux26, & make install. Also, I have the kernel
> sources, and a symlink to /lib/modules/....

If I remember correctly you need to specify "make all". If you had paid
any attention to the *entire* output of the compilation process than you
would have noticed an error about this. Yes there is a lot of output but
you really need to keep an eye on it.

See if this helps:
$ make clean
$ make menuselect