[asterisk-users] Open CallerID Database?

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Mon Feb 19 18:43:33 MST 2007

C F, your method is technically feasible. I thought of it over a year
ago but never posted it because it would definitely be considered an
abuse by most providers. If a lot of people start using it, I expect we
would start seeing TOS for PSTN and voip alike to start changing. Of
course the best thing that could happen is for CNAM database access
costs to become a lot more reasonable. My pots line is with a small
rural ILEC who depends on verisign for CNAM matters. My guess is that
they pay a high rate and a large number of unanswered calls from
different numbers would be noticed. I get the impression that the CNAM
system has an air of gangsterism and racketeering about it.