[asterisk-users] Open CallerID Database?

Robert Norton - SophMedia LLC robert at sophmedia.com
Mon Feb 19 12:50:52 MST 2007

Hey Shane,
The basis of my idea was that it would be user-moderated/generated. A
'owner/operator' of a number, would submit & verify their phone number,
enter their caller id, and basically be done with it. The logistics of it I
don't really think would be that complicated. If a listing needs to be
updated they basically go through the same process.

Right now, we're using a commonly available script (I can't remember the
link off hand) that uses Google, 411.com, etc, to do a lookup and although
it works pretty good, it is horribly inaccurate the majority of the time.

--
Robert Norton
SophMedia LLC Operations Manager

--
NOTICE:
This e-mail (including all attachments) may contain confidential and