[asterisk-users] Cisco 7941/7961 w/Firmware 8.2.1 and NAT

Bill Kervaski bkervaski at heavylogic.com
Mon Feb 19 12:24:09 MST 2007

Hi all,

I have a bunch of Cisco 7941's with SIP firmware 8.2.1 that work great
on a LAN with Asterisk 1.2.x but fail miserably when trying to use them,
through NAT, with a public Asterisk server.

We have a bunch of Polycoms and Aastra phones that work great with NAT
so I'm very familiar with NAT and Asterisk but not so much familiar with
the Cisco phones although we did get them to work great on our LAN and
local Asterisk 1.2.x box.

I've heard mixed opinions, some say it will never work, some say it
should work so I've resorted to the mailing list for help.

So, I'm looking for an example sip.conf and SEP<mac>.cnf.xml file for
either 7941's or 7961's inside a NAT network going to a public Asterisk
1.2.x server.  Hopefully, for phone firmware revision 8.2 or close.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Bill

***
This message is confidential and intended only for the listed recipient(s).  Any email sent to the originator is subject to monitoring and review.  No liability is assumed regarding the content of this message or any replies.