[asterisk-users] The High Performance Echo Canceller (HPEC)

Wireless wireless at svw.org.uk
Mon Feb 19 08:40:49 MST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nic Bellamy" <nicb-lists at vadacom.co.nz>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 12:56 AM
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] The High Performance Echo Canceller (HPEC)

> Wireless wrote:
> > Thanks Nic, I have bought a couple of HPEC channel licences from Digium
and
> > been trying to get them working, all seems fine until I get to 9 and 10
of
> > this doc ftp://ftp.digium.com/pub/telephony/hpec/README - at which point
> > Asterisk is not running and I've issued a: "wanrouter start" command and
all
> > looks good.
> >
> > 9 says type
> > [root at asterisk ~]# modprobe zaptel
> >
> > which returns nothing... when I run 10
> >

> At this point, if you run "dmesg", do you find the following in your
> kernel log?
>
> Digium High-Performance Echo Canceller, version 8.20
> Optimized for "i386" CPU architecture
> Coypright (C) 2006 Digium, Inc. and Adaptive Digital Technologies, Inc.
> This module is supplied under a commercial license granted by Digium, Inc.
> Please see the full license text supplied by the accompanying
> "register" utility, or ask for a copy from Digium.
>
> If not, you've probably not got Zaptel built with HPEC properly.
> > [root at asterisk ~]# ./zaphpec_enable
> > I get - No valid licenses for HPEC found.
> >
> > If anyone can shed I bit of light on how to register my licence I'd be
very
> > greatful, I've checked in /var/lib/digium/licenses and there is a
licence
> > there.
> >
> Hmm... not run into this myself - after registering my key, it worked
> first pop for me, giving the following output:
>
> # ./zaphpec_enable
> Digium High-Performance Echo Canceller Enabler
> Copyright (C) 2006, Digium, Inc.
> Version 1.0.0
> Use the '-l' option to see license information for software
> included in this program.
>
> Found key 'HPEC-xxxxxxxxxxxx' for 4 channels.
> Found valid HPEC licenses for 4 channels.
> Successfully enabled 4 channels.
>
> After this, the follow line is spat out by the kernel:
>
> hpec_license_check: License granted for 4 channels
>

> Cheers,
>     Nic.
>
> --
> Nic Bellamy,
> Head Of Engineering, Vadacom Ltd - http://www.vadacom.co.nz/

I'm truely stuck now, I cannot get HPEC to register with my Sangoma A200
card.  I'm using
Asterisk 1.2.15
Zaptel 1.2.13
Wanpipe drivers / util 2.3.4-7

I'm just not seeing any mention of HPEC in dmesg and I have tried different
versions of the HPEC
i386, i586, i686 and pentium3m the physical proc is a P3 650Mhz running
CentOS 4.4 (Trixbox 2)  I've rebuilt this box over the weekend from a fully
patched CentOS 4.4 (yum update) as the hard drive failed!

when I run ./register all seems ok then when I run ./zaphpec_enable it
reports: No valid licenses for HPEC found.

Any suggestions as to how I can debug what is not happening much appreciated

Thanks

Harvey