[asterisk-users] Looking for starting point?

jacobso1 jacobso1 at scarlet.be
Sun Feb 18 13:53:12 MST 2007

hi,

hi, i did wrote (assembler) programs for cp/m!

if your experience is more on telephony', i think you will find trixbox
easier. in one cd you will have a ready system.
if your hardware is fully recognized, great !
do not use a too old machine nor a too new one.
mind that the install will erase your hd. so buy a new cd if you would want to

a 'normal' distribution will allow for dual-boot (not trixbox).
mandrake, suse, fedora, red-hat & centeos are good candidate.
(k)ubuntu, debian, ... are also nice one
but then you would have to download, compile, setup all.

this could be harder to learn. but you learn a deeper way

maybe go to a linux group in your neighborhood most people there are happy to
welcome a newbie. buy some books about linux and stick with one distribution
(you can change later)

my 2c from a young chap of nearly 48

t. jacobson