[asterisk-users] X100P ring detection failure

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Feb 17 01:05:43 MST 2007

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 05:59:39PM -0800, Scott Call wrote:
> My home * system I use for test/dev stuff has recently started to miss
> all calls.
>
> I have two of the "X100P" boards from x100p.com that are about a year
> old in it.  They both have worked in the past no problem.
>
> At some point in the past couple of weeks they both stopped answering
> the phone.  I don't have a specific date because only I and a couple
> of other people call in on those lines.  Dialing out on the channels
> works just fine.
>
> I took the opportunity to reinstall 1.4.0 (zaptel and asterisk) to see
> if maybe it was a software issue, and I also swapped around the analog
> lines and made sure that they were still ringing if plugged into other
> equipment.
>
> I checked with ztmonitor and you can see the RX level go up when the
> ring comes in, but still no detection in *.

Try setting both modules: zaptel and wcfxo, with debug=1 . Anything on
the kernel logs?

(make sure you log kernel debug messages. What Linux distribution is it?)

> I don't get the "Starting simple switch" message or anything like that
> anymore.

Can you try setting the debug level to , say, 5[1], and log debug
messages (in logger.conf). Do you see anything?

[1] What's the maximal sensible value for debug and for verbose?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com