[asterisk-users] X100P ring detection failure

Scott Call scott.call at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 18:59:39 MST 2007

My home * system I use for test/dev stuff has recently started to miss
all calls.

I have two of the "X100P" boards from x100p.com that are about a year
old in it.  They both have worked in the past no problem.

At some point in the past couple of weeks they both stopped answering
the phone.  I don't have a specific date because only I and a couple
of other people call in on those lines.  Dialing out on the channels
works just fine.

I took the opportunity to reinstall 1.4.0 (zaptel and asterisk) to see
if maybe it was a software issue, and I also swapped around the analog
lines and made sure that they were still ringing if plugged into other
equipment.

I checked with ztmonitor and you can see the RX level go up when the
ring comes in, but still no detection in *.

I don't get the "Starting simple switch" message or anything like that anymore.

I blew away my zapata.conf file and tried an example from the mailing
list with no success.

I tried turning on distinctive ring detection to see if maybe a subtle
change in cadence was causing the problem but it did not detect
anything either.

I can provide config files upon request, I just don't want to clutter
up the mailing list with them if it turns out it's not needed.

Any suggestions would be wonderful.  I am planning on buying an
TDM400P based card but for the time being I'm unemployed and would
like to avoid the expense.  Also if my problem turns out to be
software based I'd rather not have shelled out the money on hardware
to fix it.

Thanks
-Scott