[asterisk-users] Problem Transferring Direct to Voicemail

Savoy, Kevin - Williston, ND ksavoy at novo1.com
Fri Feb 16 14:29:31 MST 2007

The phones are Polycom 501's. I did confirm that this does work with
1.2.9.1 and not in 1.4. I upgraded to 1.4 because it fixed other issues
such as transferring calls out to an external number and echo issues.

I didn't have the entire dial plan because I didn't think it would
matter either. I do have a priority 1 to do an Answer() first and then
the n priority.

Here is the dial plan.

exten=>_*40XX,1,Answer()
exten=>_*40XX,n,Wait(2)
exten=>_*40XX,n,Voicemail(${EXTEN:1},u)
exten=>_*40XX,n,Hangup()

Below is what I get at the CLI

wpbx1*CLI> dialplan show *4033 at office
[ Included context 'inbound' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  '_*40XX' =>       1. Answer()
[pbx_config]
                    2. Wait(2)
[pbx_config]
                    3. Voicemail(${EXTEN:1}|u)
[pbx_config]
                    4. Hangup()
[pbx_config]

I also get the same thing when I do a "dialplan show *4033@ with the
context "inbound", "outbound" and "default". I have tried moving the
dialplan portion above to many different contexts, from the default to
the office context where the phones are to the inbound and outbound
contexts but I always get that "owned channel?" message that I referred
too.