[asterisk-users] How can I use 'Asterisk Manager API' to hold and retrive an active call?

James Zhang James.Zhang at amctechnology.com
Fri Feb 16 12:23:17 MST 2007

Thanks Stefan for input.
I know that there is a "hangup" action in Asterisk Manager API.
I am looking for "hold and retrive" commend. I search google and find
that redirecting to parkslot can work.
If I have a PSTN call connecting to Asterisk and then to a SIP
extension, there are two connections here. If I redirect one channel to
parkslot, another channel will automatically hangup.
Later, if I redirect that channel from parkslot to the SIP extension,
that extension will ring again.

Is there a solution to redirect that two channels to parkslot at the
same time, then reconnect these two channels without ringing?