[asterisk-users] Jabber/Asterisk Integration

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Fri Feb 16 12:21:01 MST 2007

Kyle Sexton wrote:
> Started playing with 1.4 and I'm curious what uses people have come up
> with for the Jabber integration?  So far I can think of presence based
> call routing, but I'm sure there are other ideas.  How are YOU using
> the new Jabber features in 1.4? :)

We've been using it since July last year (brave / stupid - make your
choice) for integrating our custom application with the asterisk system.
The phone system sends all sorts of call information to the agent about
to receive the call, whilst the agent monitoring screen is used to
monitor the presence of the agents and their dialplan status (dialling /
calling / etc etc)

Julian.