[asterisk-users] Experiences with FoneBridge2 / TDMoE?

James FitzGibbon james.fitzgibbon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 12:06:27 MST 2007

I'm scoping out HA for a relatively simple Office/Call Center PBX.  Current
setup uses a TE412P with 4 PRI our telco with SIP hard/soft phones for
users.  Some outbound also goes to a SIP provider.

Active/Active looks to be too much hassle for an installation this size, so
we're looking at adding an extra * in an active/passive configuration with
Linux-HA in between them.

Does anyone have any experience using The Redfone Fonebridge2 in this
configuration?  It seems like it would do the trick, but I can only find the
one testimonial/tutorial on voip-info.org.  Specifically, I'm wondering
about the reliability of the device itself (since you can't seem to pair
them in any way) as well as what extra work the * box has to do in a TDMoE
configuration.  I can't find any mention of EC being done on the Fonebridge,
so I assume you'd have to use software echo cancellation in the zaptel
driver.  Other than the CPU to do that, does zaptel take up more/less CPU
reading frames from a PCI card vs TDMoE?

Any experience or suggestions on other ways to do this are appreciated.

--
j.