FW: [asterisk-users] Problem Transferring Direct to Voicemail

David Gomillion david.gomillion at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 10:16:40 MST 2007

I am having an issue with 1.4 where we can't successfully transfer a call
directly to a voicemail box. We hit "Transfer" on the phone and dial the
mailbox number we want to send it to,

> My dial plan for this is:
>

> exten=>_*40XX,n,Voicemail(${EXTEN:1},u)
>

> The voicemail system picks up and starts to play its message and at this
> point. We should then hit "Transfer" again at this point the person doing
> the transfer should drop off the call. However we just continue to hear the
> voicemail message and the caller continues to sit on hold.

 I've not worked with 1.4 much yet, but I'd try changing my dialplan to:

exten=>_*40XX,1,Answer
exten=>_*40XX,n,Voicemail(${EXTEN:1},u)

That way, I would know that the channel is answered, which is what often
will stop IP phones from allowing the attended transfer to complete.

Hope that helps,
David