[asterisk-users] genzaptool from "xorcom"

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Feb 14 12:53:41 MST 2007

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 03:44:25PM +0000, younss azzayani wrote:
> Thank You Cohen
>
> What card do you have?
> *****************
> Digium TE110P & TDM400P, think the problem is with TE110P (configured
> as span 2) because i remark that the dchannel=20
> *********************
> What is th output of: cat /proc/zaptel/*
> *************************
> Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 1"
>
>           1 WCTDM/0/0 FXSKS
>           2 WCTDM/0/1 FXSKS
>           3 WCTDM/0/2 FXSKS
>           4 WCTDM/0/3 FXSKS
> Span 2: WCT1/0 "Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Card 0" HDB3/CCS
>
>           5 WCT1/0/1 Clear
>           6 WCT1/0/2 Clear
>           7 WCT1/0/3 Clear
>           8 WCT1/0/4 Clear
>           9 WCT1/0/5 Clear
>          10 WCT1/0/6 Clear
>          11 WCT1/0/7 Clear
>          12 WCT1/0/8 Clear
>          13 WCT1/0/9 Clear
>          14 WCT1/0/10 Clear
>          15 WCT1/0/11 Clear
>          16 WCT1/0/12 Clear
>          17 WCT1/0/13 Clear
>          18 WCT1/0/14 Clear
>          19 WCT1/0/15 Clear
>         13 WCT1/0/9 Clear
>          14 WCT1/0/10 Clear
>          15 WCT1/0/11 Clear
>          16 WCT1/0/12 Clear
>          17 WCT1/0/13 Clear
>          18 WCT1/0/14 Clear
>          19 WCT1/0/15 Clear
>          20 WCT1/0/16

This is the D channel, right? Is the connection a E1 PRI?

>          21 WCT1/0/17
>          22 WCT1/0/18
>          23 WCT1/0/19
>          24 WCT1/0/20
>          25 WCT1/0/21
>          26 WCT1/0/22
>          27 WCT1/0/23
>          28 WCT1/0/24
>          29 WCT1/0/25
>          30 WCT1/0/26
>          31 WCT1/0/27
>          32 WCT1/0/28
>          33 WCT1/0/29
>          34 WCT1/0/30
>          35 WCT1/0/31

31 channels, as expected.

> ********************************
>
> What is the generated /etc/zaptel.conf ?
> ******************************
> # Autogenerated by ./genzaptelconf -- do not hand edit
> # Zaptel Configuration File
> #
> # This file is parsed by the Zaptel Configurator, ztcfg
> #
>
> # It must be in the module loading order
>

> # Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 1"
> fxsks=1
> fxsks=2
> fxsks=3
> fxsks=4
>
> # Span 2: WCT1/0 "Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Card 0" HDB3/CCS
> span=2,1,1,ccs,hdb3
> bchan=5-19,21-35
> dchan=20
>
> # Global data
>
> loadzone        = us
> defaultzone     = us

The error you get is from a place in ztcfg's code that applies some
sanity checks to the signalling it sends to channel no. 16 of a span. If
they are not met, that channel cannot be considered a D channel.

I didn't understand those conditions exactly. In one specific case were
I helped someone on #asterisk that guy eventually removed the sanity
check from ztcfg and moved on.

Whether or not this is a wise thing to do, I don't know.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com