[asterisk-users] Bandwidth shapping device

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Wed Feb 14 09:08:24 MST 2007

Why do that?

Just traffic shape each user/group of IP addresses to the total
bandwidth you want them to have and then set up a low latency queue for
voip traffic, that way the voip bandwidth can be used for data when
there are no calls but will give VoIP traffic priority over other
traffic.

Any old refurbished Cisco 2611 or 2621 will do the trick.

Look up "low latency queuing" and "traffic shaping" on cisco.com

If you are doing NAT on the router I recommend a general deployment (GD)
12.3 IP feature set IOS image.