[asterisk-users] Sending SMS from Asterisk

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Tue Feb 13 18:04:12 MST 2007

Hi:

Say I want to build an IVR application which sends an SMS message to a
mobile telephone when the caller responds to a prompt in certain way.

I think I can manage the part about generating the message and building
something to actually send it. The part I'm foggy about is: how would I
actually get the SMS message to the carrier? Discussions with the
carrier have led absolutely nowhere (they are not interested in helping
an individual customer and technical staff Tiers I and II have no idea
what I am talking about).

Are there SMS aggregators that I could use for sending messages to this
particular phone over the Internet?

Thanks for any input.

-Stephen-