[asterisk-users] RE: Nortel 81C MSDL Trunking to Asterisk TE110P, Nortel Resetting PRI Channels

Marlon_Blair at doh.state.fl.us Marlon_Blair at doh.state.fl.us
Tue Feb 13 12:44:35 MST 2007

I have made the change as stated
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
span=2,2,0,esf,b8zs

>Where is your primary clock?
For the PRI, coming from the Asterisk PBX

>Do you have an atomic clock supplying timing to your Nortel system?
No, timing picked up over the PRI from the provider

>Does your Nortel get it's clock from the phone company?
 Yes

>Assuming one of these two is the case, and that both T1s are connected
to the Nortel system, Asterisk should derive it's >clock from the Nortel
system.
Timing cannot come from the type of card we are using on the Nortel side

Marlon Blair
DOH, Network System Analyst
(850) 245-4400, Cell (850) 528-4244
Fax (850) 412-1148
Work Hours 7 AM to 3:30 PM

==================
	MISSION:  To promote and protect the health and safety of all
people in Florida through the delivery of quality public health services
and promotion of health care standards
*********************************
	PLEASE NOTE:  Florida has a very broad public records law.  Most
written communications to or from State officials regarding state
business are public records available to the public and media upon
request.  Your e-mail communications may therefore be subject to public
disclosure.
*****************************
Please call the Customer Service Center for Service Requests at
850-922-7599 or SunCom 292-7599

Marlon_Blair at doh.state.fl.us
Tuesday, February 13, 2007 10:17
AM
> We are currently working to trunk from a Nortel 81C to an Asterisk
> Server 1.4 running on Red Hat Linux.  We have two PRI trunks which
> work with the exception of the clock slips, which is causing the
> Nortel to reset the PRIs once a hour.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Assuming that 'clock slips' are the same thing as 'frame slips'....

Where is your primary clock? Do you have an atomic clock supplying
timing to your Nortel system? Does your Nortel get it's clock from the
phone company? Assuming one of these two is the case, and that both T1s
are connected to the Nortel system, Asterisk should derive it's clock
from the Nortel system.
To do that you would want to set up Zaptel.conf
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
span=2,2,0,esf,b8zs

Asterisk would then use T1 number 1 to set it's internal t1 card clock.
If T1 1 was not available, then it would use T1 2.

This line from your Nortel system makes me think it is using an external
clock. If this is the case then you must have an atomic clock or some
other 'external' clock source at your location.

> 	   CLOK EXT

Don Pobanz