[asterisk-users] Blocking collect calls in Brazil

Kanelbullar mao_tse_tungue at yahoo.com.hk
Tue Feb 13 12:06:07 MST 2007

Hello all,

  I have been unsucessfully looking for conclusive information regarding blocking collect calls in Brazil, using either MFC/R2 or ISDN E1 lines. So, I would like to ask the list a couple of questions.

  Regarding MFC/R2, there seems to be a patch for the chan_unicall module that allows analyzing the call category associated to collect calls and taking some action upon it. Embratel and Telemar appear to send "9" in the category field, in case of collect calls. But, what about the remaining brazilian operators? Does anyone know it any of them provides consistently the same number in the category field, whenever a collect call is present?

  Regarding ISDN E1s, I have found users saying they are using the dialplan "Flash" instruction for Zap. But, does this also work for digital lines? Or does it only work for analog lines?

  Many thanks in advance,
  Paulo