[asterisk-users] Using Dynamic Groups instead of AgentCallbackLogin - how to log which agent took the call?

James FitzGibbon james.fitzgibbon at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 07:31:11 MST 2007

Hello all.

I'm setting up a new call center PBX using * v1.4, and figure it's better to
go with AddQueueMember over AgentCallbackLogin.  The functionality of
AgentCallbackLogin still works, but without a firm idea of how long it will
be in the codebase, I'm wary of building a system on top of it.

The basic mechanics work, but I'm having some trouble on logging.  With
AgentCallbackLogin, ${MEMBERINTERFACE} and the entry in the queue log refer
to the agent that the call was sent to.  With AddQueueMember, the log entry
refers to the channel (in my case, SIP/XXXX).  To tie call disposition back
to a person, I need to maintain a map of channels to agents and then
populate that in the CDR somehow.

This isn't a huge problem, as I already have to set up an agent login
context in the dialplan, so when I authenticate the agent and call
AddQueueMember, I can easily stick the mapping into AstDB, then pull it out
before the call to Queue() and stick it in the CDR userfield.  I can't think
of a way to put the agent in the queue log however, unless I'm missing a way
to customize what shows up in queue.log.

I could do the mapping in post-processing by having my agent login
application store the login / logout times, the channel and the agent, but
any missing data found in post would not easily be correctable in a billing
program.

Am I missing something obvious, or is this just part and parcel of using
dynamic queues instead of AgentCallbackLogin?

Thanks

--
j.