[asterisk-users] Re: Dell PowerEdge 2950 Sharing NIC IRQ with Digium Card

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 05:09:42 MST 2007

> > So here's my questions then.  If APIC routes the IRQs to 1-15 for real
> > world use....can you safely have two devices on, say, 14?   APIC will
> > assign one to maybe 23 and one to 20.  But are they really both on 15
> > with a potential for conflict?
> The conflict only happens if your OS is not APIC aware or buggy
> hardware. In fact 15, is usually used for the secondary IDE port. The
> reason APIC exists is to support SMP and the plethora of new devices
> that are present on any modern motherboard. On my nforce motherboard
> with IO-APIC, lscpi  -vb will show lots of devices using IRQ 15. But,
> I've never seen IRQ misses on any one of them. The same goes for our
> production systems running Pentium D or Xeon 51x0.

I ment are they both on 14, not 15. (Sorry not feeling good the last few
days and kinda working in a cloud).   Ok, so in theory, even though the BIOS
is saying "You guys are on IRQ 6" or "You guys are on IRQ 13".... as long as
lscpi -v and cat /proc/interrupts shows the devices not sharing and IO-APIC
I should be ok?