[asterisk-users] Re: Dell PowerEdge 2950 Sharing NIC IRQ with Digium Card

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Sat Feb 10 16:49:19 MST 2007

M> According to him, and he backed everything up (and I have no doubts
M> about how PCIe is working) with PCIe devices can share a single
M> IRQ, because there is so much more throughput. However, obviously
M> with PCI this does not work.

Why does it not work with PCI? Digium cards are doing 1000 interrupts
a second. That's basically the same as no interrupts at all,
load-wise. (It's also pointless; it would be better to pick a
different timer and turn interrupts off entirely. Admittedly Linux
hasn't been ready for that kind of thing until recently.)

/Benny