[asterisk-users] Dell PowerEdge 2950 Sharing NIC IRQ with Digium Card

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 16:29:46 MST 2007

Well, I've been e-mailing back and forth with a Dell techrep. (This is in
addition to the e-mail I sent to the sales guys, who are not in today).
The techrep basically said:

Your TDM2400P card is only PCI and not PCIe; and, is therfore not
compatible.

According to him, and he backed everything up (and I have no doubts about
how PCIe is working) with PCIe devices can share a single IRQ, because there
is so much more throughput.  However, obviously with PCI this does not work.

My question is, is it even possible for have a Digium VoIP card be PCIe, and
if so does anyone know of any plans to change the hardware over?    Right
now... I've pretty much voiced that I will not be purchasing any more Dell
servers to be our PBX systems.