[asterisk-users] Dialplan checkup

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 9 22:15:38 MST 2007

>From: Barry Fawthrop <barry at ttienterprises.org>
>Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 21:49:17 -0500
>
>Thanks Guys
>
>I already have the fax machine a brother all-in-one Printer, scanner, fax.
>I realize the s,3, answers the line
>But How can I get s,2, to detect if it is a fax and take it from there
>without answering?

It is not about dial plan.  Your original plan should work if you can get
Asterisk/Zaptel to do "silent answer" (in priority 2).  Otherwise nothing is
going to work.  On the other hand, all Brother IntelliFAX support silent
answer (something they call intelligent ring or the like).  See if your
machine has an TAD (telephone answering device) port - and old Brother I
used had this.

If yes, you can enable silent answer on the FAX, then connect your
X100P/Asterisk to this TAD port.  FAX machines usually monitors for FAX tone
for 2 rings.  Some machines also cut off ring to TAD before it determines it
the call is not for FAX; if not, simply program your Asterisk to wait for a
few seconds before doing anything.  This should give you the same
functionality.

Yuan Liu