[asterisk-users] Outbound Call Transfer Problem

Nikhil Jogia nikhil at nikhiljogia.com
Fri Feb 9 18:06:26 MST 2007

Hi

I am using Asterisk 1.2 and for the life of me, I am unable to transfer
outbound calls (eg calls I initiate from sip extensions). When I press
#, nothing happens. Inbound calls transfer fine, but only once per call.

The problem happens:

- With both software and hardware phones.
- With calls going out through the ZAP channel and to internal SIP
extensions.
- After I have transferred an incoming call once, I can not transfer it
again.

My features.conf looks like:

[general]
parkext => 700                  ; What ext. to dial to park
parkpos => 701-720              ; What extensions to park calls on
context => parkedcalls          ; Which context parked calls are in
parkingtime => 240              ; Number of seconds a call can be parked for
                                ; (default is 45 seconds)
;transferdigittimeout => 3      ; Number of seconds to wait between
digits when transfering a call
;courtesytone = beep            ; Sound file to play to the parked caller
                                ; when someone dials a parked call
;adsipark = yes                 ; if you want ADSI parking announcements
;pickupexten = *8               ; Configure the pickup extension.
Default is *8
featuredigittimeout = 1000

[featuremap]
blindxfer => #
atxfer => *

sip.conf snippet:

[603]

type=friend                     ; This device takes and makes calls
username=603                    ; Username on device
secret=hlpme2go                 ; Password for device
canreinvite=no
host=dynamic          ; This host is not on the same IP addr every time
context=from-sip      ; Inbound calls from this host go here
mailbox=100           ; Activate the message waiting light if this
                      ; voicemailbox has messages in it

And an abridged extensions.conf:

[general]

static=yes
writeprotect=no
autofallthrough=yes

[bogon-calls]

exten => _.,1,Congestion

[from-sip]

include => parkedcalls
exten => _6XX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},30,T)
exten => _6XX,2,Voicemail(u${EXTEN})
exten => _6XX,102,Voicemail(b${EXTEN})
exten => _6XX,103,Hangup

exten => _04.,1,Macro(dial-mobile,${EXTEN})

[macro-dial-mobile]

exten => s,1,SetGlobalVar(NumToDial=${ARG1})
exten => s,2,SetGlobalVar(theCHANNEL=ZAP/3)
exten => s,3,Dial(${theCHANNEL}/${NumToDial},60,T)
exten => s,4,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)
exten => s,104,Goto(s-CHANUNAVAIL,1)

exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,1,SetGlobalVar(theCHANNEL=SIP/iinet)
exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,2,Playback(voip-warning)
exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,3,Dial(${theCHANNEL}/${NumToDial},60,T)
exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,4,Hangup

; zap/3 context
[home]

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,SetMusicOnHold(default)
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10
exten => s,5,Wait(1)
exten => s,6,Dial(SIP/600&SIP/601&SIP/602&SIP/603,75,t)

Any suggestions?