[asterisk-users] Detect hang-up

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 9 15:56:28 MST 2007

>From: "David Ruggles" <david at safedatausa.com>
>Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:23:18 -0500
>
>Thanks for the conf file, but it didn't make any difference. If I hang-up
>during a record it will hang the channel until I stop Asterisk.
>
>If I hang-up during playback I get the following:
>[Feb  9 16:22:06] WARNING[4005]: pbx.c:2449 __ast_pbx_run: Invalid
>extension
>'D', but no rule 'i' in context 'incoming'
>
>If this offers a clue.

Search recent and past archive for "disconnect supervision" and so on.
Bottom line is, you need telco to offer certain capability.  Because you use
an analogue line, my impression is that Kewl start is common place in North
America, but some still use loop start.  Some send you an audible fast busy
tone to indicate disconnect.  I got one line like this.  So I enabled
callprogress=yes.  It helps, but not very reliable.  If they don't even send
a tone, you are stuck.

As to Invalid extension 'D', you'll need to pose relavant portions of your
dial plan to determine if it is a real clue.

Yuan Liu