[asterisk-users] Re: asterisk-users Digest, Vol 31, Issue 37

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Fri Feb 9 10:59:41 MST 2007

On Friday 09 February 2007 11:50, asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com
wrote:
> Anyone got any experiences of good quality VoIP conferencing phones?
>
> I've used Polycom analogue units in the past, and I see that they have a
> SIP version (the IP4000) - but it is better/worse/as good as an analogue
> version?
>
> (ie. would I be better off with an analogue version into a TDM card or
> ATA?)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gordon

The quality of a conference phone is determined more by how it's designed and
manufactured than whether it uses VoIP or analog. We've deployed a couple of
IP4000s and they work great. The nice thing about them is that if you already
have a bunch of SoundPoint IP phones, they require nothing special in regards
to provisioning since they use the same firmware and configuration as the
rest of the SoundPoint IP series.

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com