[asterisk-users] Softphone +Realtime

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Fri Feb 9 03:16:01 MST 2007

On 7 Feb 2007, at 20:04, Rob Schall wrote:

> Here's an interesting issue we're facing...
>
> We would like users to be able to use softphones from home/work and to
> use their same extensions they do at work.
>
> The first step of getting the phones to log in as their same
> extensions
> as work is easy and works. However, on the database side, once the
> client closes, the sip table is cleared of the ip to the phone. This
> means that no calls are forwarded to their office line anymore, and
> instead have to just go to voicemail. To fix this, the best I can
> think
> of is to replace those values nightly and update the timestamp so
> asterisk knows to update its values.
>
> Has anyone tried anything like this? I would like the phones to regrab
> their spot once the softphone is logged out.
>
> We have a Asterisk box (gentoo linux) which is running realtime (mysql
> 5). Our phones are Polycom SoundPoint 501s and the softphone is xlite
> (windows).

I was forced to tackle this a different way - My softphone is IAX and
the deskphone is SIP so we can't do SIP tricks.

Instead we have separate iax.conf entries for the home phones, and a
dialplan for each extension which does checks if the iax channel is
available,
if it is, the call is routed home, if it isn't the call is routed to
the sip desk phone.

If you have a consistent naming convention you can get this as a macro.

Tim.

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/