[asterisk-users] Softphone +Realtime

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Thu Feb 8 09:05:52 MST 2007

Is there some way to test this, or to cause the polycom to ignore the
errors, and try back later (unlimited times). The fear I had or
re-registering, was that the softphone would be in use, and the hard
phone would take the number back over. That shouldn't happen until the
number is available (asterisk sets it to 0.0.0.0).

Thoughts?
Rob

Jason Fuermann wrote:
> our Polycoms reregister almost immediately. I think the problem your
> running into is that when the softphone is registered the polycom gets
> some kind of error from asterisk which prevents it from reregistering
>
> Rob Schall wrote:
>> That's what I would have thought. I set the timeout to be 300 secs, but
>> the phone never seems to re-register. We could do a group dial, but like
>> you said, there would be a lot of errors in the log, which we are trying
>> to avoid. Has anyone been able to get a polycom 501 to re-register
>> itself without rebooting it?
>>
>> Rob

>>> By definition, I guess that automatically logs out their office phones?

>>> Shouldn't the office phones automatically regrab their spot when they
>>> re-register with the server? If you set the timeout to something fairly
>>> short, it would get around this issue, but introduce another one: the
>>> softphones will be kicked whenever the office phones re-register.
>>>
>>> We have a number of clients doing similar things, but we've taken a slightly
>>> different approach. For example, if we have extensions 201,202 and 203, we
>>> create SIP accounts as follows:
>>> 201
>>> 201-home
>>> 202