[asterisk-users] Help - Poor Voice Quality

Gary G. Hendershot GHendershot at cox.net
Thu Feb 8 18:07:08 MST 2007

I have been with Teliax for some time ... Overall I like the service very
much ... The key things offered that got me to go with them (having been
with VoicePulse and BroadVoice) was live person in tech support and choice
of either SIP or IAX trunking ( I have 4xCalls with the plan I bought ) ...

However, I also had sound quality issues with them early on when I used IAX
... As soon as I switched to SIP, the problem went away and the quality was
outstanding ...

Also, the New York gateway you are using was still in BETA last time I
checked ... You might want to try using the voip-co1.teliax.com gateway with
SIP ... See how that works ...

If not, give the tech support guys at Teliax a shot ... I have found them to
be quite responsive the few times I have needed them ...

G.Hendershot