[asterisk-users] Transfer -> announce -> ring

Bill Gibbs bgibbs at edurotech.com
Thu Feb 8 09:59:22 MST 2007

I am running some Polycom phones and have Auto Answer setup(*51
initiates that when you call an extension)

With an attended transfer you can take a call, hit transfer,
*51<extension>, announce the call and if the person wants it, complete
the transfer, the call is now on speaker at the end.  This can surprise
people because all of a sudden the call is right there.

I know that the attended transfer basically puts the first call on hold,
makes another call, then bridges them together with the 2nd push of the
transfer button, but is there anyway to have it hang up the speaker part
and then _ring_ at the destination?  Basically what would happen if
transferred the call normally without sending the feature to tell the
Polycom to auto answer, but at the same time giving them the ability to
announce it over speaker, all in one fluid motion?

I know you could place the call on hold, Intercom over then do a blind
transfer but like all of us here, we have to deal with people who don't
like to push buttons. J

I told our people to use Park and then just intercom and the destination
can pick it up at their leisure but I thought I'd raise the question.
That's what this feature is for after all!

So to recap as it works  now:

Call comes in, Transfer, *51<exten>, destination Polycom auto answers,
Transfer at source and the call is on speaker

Is it possible to:

Call comes in, Transfer, announce to destination via Auto Answer, then
complete the transfer but have it ring at the destination?

All using the built in Polycom transfer function?

Bill