[asterisk-users] Re: Pickup() ringing extension and call waiting

Tomislav Parčina tparcina at lama.hr
Thu Feb 8 01:47:21 MST 2007

In article <200701291536.11906.dzalewski at open-craft.com>, dzalewski at open-craft.com says...
> What do you mean by mapping the 200 ?
>
> In this example I can pickup any ringing extension:
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Pickup
>
> "If phone with number 42 rings you can catch the call by dialing 742. You
> don't need to use the context"
>
> exten => _7.,1,Pickup(${EXTEN:1}) works for all contexts.
>
> Regarding call waiting, internally when I'm having a conversation and someone
> calls me, then my second line button blinks and I can pickup a second call
> putting first one on hold. Problem just with "real" call waiting from PSTN.

Hi Dominik!

Information's on that page are wrong. Read this:

pbx*CLI> show application Pickup
pbx*CLI>
  -= Info about application 'Pickup' =-

[Synopsis]
Directed Call Pickup

[Description]
  Pickup(extension[@context]): This application can pickup any ringing channel
that is calling the specified extension. If no context is specified, the current
context will be used.

So, if application Pickup isn't in same context with Dial which you are trying to pickup, then you have to specify context.

Hope this helps.

--
Tomislav Parcina
ime.prezime at email.t-com.hr