[asterisk-users] Re: Help - Poor Voice Quality

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Wed Feb 7 02:32:03 MST 2007

On 7 Feb 2007, at 03:59, Jim Duda wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Lacy.
>
> Yes, I know that I am using IAX2 and not SIP for my connection to
> teliax.  IAX2 is the preferred protocol for connection to teliax.
> I have the firewall configured to prioritorize port 4569 for IAX2.
>
> I have the shorewall tcdevices file setup with 3 mbit download and
> 500 Kbit upload speeds.

We need a few clues :-)
What sort of 'poor' quality are we talking about - when folks
complain what words do they use?
Which codec(s) are you using?
How many channels do you want to use at once ?
What is the round-trip time between you and the teliax server ?

Do you have the jitterbuffer on or off ? (if you only have 6ms of
jitter, I'd
switch it off....)

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net