[asterisk-users] New user question (X100P)

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Feb 6 03:33:58 MST 2007

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 09:03:27AM -0000, Robert Jenkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had similar problems with zaptel on a tdm2400.
> I found that with the standard make & install, zaptel was being started as a
> service but not properly initialising the card.
>
> I disabled the service and added a few bits in rc.local;
> rmmod the zaptel modules,
> sleep a couple of seconds,
> do a 'service zaptel start' to reload everything.

this is a bad hack. rl.local is done at the end of the standard init.d
scripts. Asterisk normally starts much before that. All those sleep-s
should not be necessary if the script is properly written.

We all know that the standard init.d script is buggy. Please visit
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8239

zaptel-helper is now in zaptel/xpp/utils of the SVN.

Please provide some feedback.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org