[asterisk-users] Having Trouble With Wait Command in Callback Context

Robert DeVries rdlists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 22:27:53 MST 2007

I am trying to get called back with a DISA dial tone when I call a trigger
number.  I got it to work almost the way I want, this is the callback
context:

[callback]

exten=> 501,1,Congestion()
exten=> 501,2,Hangup()
exten =>h,1,System(cp /etc/asterisk/callback.info
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing)
exten =>h,2,Hangup()

With the above, the call comes into the trigger number, then the call file
is copied and executed, I get the DISA dial tone, and can dial just fine.

However, the problem is that the callback is a bit too fast, and sometimes
calls back before I can hang up, even if I hang up fast.  I want to program
in a pause.  However, when I do the following:

exten=> 501,1,Congestion()
exten=> 501,2,Hangup()
exten =>h,1,wait (10)
exten =>h,2,System(cp /etc/asterisk/callback.info
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing)
exten =>h,3,Hangup()

the callback never occurs, the execution never gets beyond the wait command.

So, two questions - why does it not execute once I insert the wait command,
and how do I get a wait before the call file is run.