[asterisk-users] Detecting answer with an analogue card

Stefano Corsi scorsi at floo.it
Mon Feb 5 01:28:52 MST 2007

At 19.22 04/02/2007, you wrote:
>>>if you want exact cdr records, you must go digital.
>>There's still something I don't understand: when using a simple
>>modem on an analog line, you get correct answers from the modem:
>>"NO ANSWER", "BUSY", "NO DIALTONE", etc... why is this possible
>>with these TDM2400 cards that cost twenty times as much?
>>I know that I'm probably missing something... could you help me
>>understand what?
>
>Because the far end sends a carrier tone.

Ok, understood.
I see there's a call progress detector for Asterisk that seems to
work only with the US telephony system. In fact, when I try to use it
in Italy, results are completely random... it partially works for
local calls that last longer than 20 seconds, but doesn't absolutely
work with call addressed to cell phones, for example. Is there a way
to configure it to work with other telephone systems? Is there
someone who has tried to do it, for example, with the italian
telephony system or some other european telephony system?

Thanks and best regards
Stefano