[asterisk-users] Detecting answer with an analogue card

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 4 13:47:37 MST 2007

>From: "Eric \"ManxPower\" Wieling" <eric at fnords.org>

>>>you cannot. it's analogue, no signalling is done on it.
>>>
>>>unless you write dsp routines to detect the right things
>>>at the right moment :)
>>>
>>>if you want exact cdr records, you must go digital.
>>
>>There's still something I don't understand: when using a simple modem on
>>an analog line, you get correct answers from the modem: "NO ANSWER",
>>"BUSY", "NO DIALTONE", etc... why is this possible with these TDM2400
>>cards that cost twenty times as much?
>>
>>I know that I'm probably missing something... could you help me understand
>>what?
>
>Because the far end sends a carrier tone.

Makes me wanting Asterisk to be able to drive MODEM protocols.  Since X100P
is just a soft MODEM, how possible is this? (If not V.92, V.22 would be
useful.)  Suppose Intel (or Motorola) has a Linux driver for the card, can
it be used in conjunction with Asterisk so I can use AGI to do the MODEM
part?

Yuan Liu