[asterisk-users] Zap FXS slow to reset?

Scott Walde scott at waldetech.ca
Sun Feb 4 12:29:22 MST 2007

I have the following dialplan (segment) that isn't working as I expected
it to:

exten => s,n,Dial(Zap/1&SIP/202&SIP/203,18)
exten => s,n,Dial(Zap/1&SIP/201&SIP/202&SIP/203,42)

The plan was to have SIP/201 added to the group of ringing phones after
3 or so rings.  What ends up happening, though, is the Zap/1 phone STOPs
ringing when the dialplan falls through to the second line.  The log
reports:

Feb  4 09:20:52 WARNING[26889] chan_zap.c: Unable to ring phone: Device
or resou
rce busy

So, it seems to me that the Zap interface isn't ready yet to take
another call.

Is there another way I can accomplish the same thing?
This method seems to work great when I'm dealing with all SIP phones.
This one kind of blindsided me.

Thanks.

ttyl
srw